- A lying politician whose bullshit they could see openly.
- A lying politician whose bullshit couldn't be seen and wouldn't be acknowledged.
Given the choice of these two items, the EC granted #1 the win. And for all of the desire for change and draining the swamp, the same rats (90%+) were sent back to the swamp.
Given the results I have a few hunches on what will happen in the next few years.
- Rs will pass massively underfunded budgets and claim how awesome that they are since deficits and debt don't matter until there's a Democratic branch of government.
- Rs will forget all about Presidential power abuses and not seek to re-constrain the executive branch powers
- Rs will become victims of their own hubris and over-reach.
- There will be a recession - we're overdue according to the Motley Fool podcast.
More thoughts later about what I'd like to see from an even vaguely functioning Congress.